Sometimes you think I am a rock,
Everything that is me is so plain to see.
But I’m not that easy to figure out.
I’m not a slab that you can position any which way.
Rather, I am a balloon.
I am filled with the lightest of air
I float and dance with the wind
And I’m filled with giggles and smiles.
I have skin of the thinnest rubber that
You want to believe you can
See through but I’m
Never that transparent.
I can grow and shrink,
And I can be poked,
As long as it’s not too hard.
I may be adorable
But I am fragile
And I
Can
Pop.
Connected to a string
That seems so lifeless
But it holds me back
Cut me free?
Or pull me close?
Balloons don’t live forever
And not only needles can break them.
Anything sharp,
Even a deadly personality.
Tomorrow I may be floating,
Or tied by my reins to a hand.
I will never know
Until the wind picks up
And throws me a new path.
ugh (that's not part of the poem lol just a comment :P)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i love it. it is in the perspective of the balloon, but what does that have to do with the "What i needed to say" theme? seriously?
and i agree with lucia...lay of the crack...:P
Post a Comment